- Aortic valve substitute is a manner whereby the failing aortic valve of a patient’s coronary heart is changed with an synthetic heart valve.
The aortic valve may additionally need to be replaced due to the fact:
- The valve is leaky (aortic insufficiency, additionally known as aortic regurgitation)
- The valve is narrowed and does not open completely (aortic stenosis)
- Current methods for aortic valve alternative consist of open-heart surgical treatment, termed minimally invasive cardiac surgical procedure (MICS) or surgical aortic valve replacement (SAVR) and transcatheter aortic valve alternative (TAVR).
- A capable practicing cardiologist have to evaluate if a patient could gain from coronary heart valve repair.